Facebook is rolling out verification for local businesses as well. Verified local businesses will see a Gray tick mark next to their Page Name, as you can see in the below-mentioned example that Quest Limos has been verified. It will help customers in finding an original Facebook page of business.
How to get your Local Business Page verified on Facebook
Local Business Owners can get their Facebook business page verified by following these steps:
- Login to your Business Facebook account.
- Click on Settings at the top-right of your Facebook Page.
- In General, click on Page Verification (not available for all yet).
- Click Verify this Page, then click Get Started.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
You are all set to go now, just wait for few seconds and your Facebook page will be verified.